Sunday, March 1, 2009

Artist Spotlight: Drake

Ladies and Gentlemen, please excuse my absence from posting on the blog. I have been running around and what not. I also still have not recovered from our party this past Friday LMAO (We will definitely be talking about that on the show tomorrow). But I'M BACK with the latest post... Now I know you music heads who are heavy into finding the newest, best, acts and talents are already WAYYYYY ahead of me. But I still had to shout out the yung bol' DRAKE.... Drake is an singer/rapper/actor who has hit the scene real hard. He grew up in Canada, which he first hit the scene playing Jimmy Brooks on the TV Series Degrassi: The Next Generation. Honestly, I am just behind on s***, which I knew he has been pretty big around the country. But as an artist, he has molded into a one two punch type combo, where he raps and sings on his own tracks, which come out sounding on point. A lot of artists attempt to rap when they are truly singers (i.e. Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Trey Songz, Lloyd) and there are rappers who try and sing (Lil Wayne, Kanye West) throughout their careers. But Drake is by far the best at mixing the two genres together. With his lyrics on an ultimate swag, the transformation from R & B setting to the grit of raw lyrics is pretty simple for dude. There were rumors that Drake was signed to Young Money Entertainment, which he confirmed he was only affiliated with Lil Wayne's Label. He has confirmed that he is signed to Interscope Records. Check out his single Replacement Girl Featuring Trey Songz (For those of you who are behind like me, because nearly three million people have viewed this single on YouTube lmao; damn I feel so behind) and his single Friends With Money Featuring Lil Wayne. Look out for his debut album, Thank Me Later coming out in the very near future...Drake keep doing you big homie

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment